Syed Zameer Naqvi, (born 24 March 1944) is a popular Pakistani scholar, religious leader, public speaker, and Urdu poet.
Akhtar was born in the city od Lucknow, India in 1944 to Syed Zahir Hasan Naqvi and Syeda Mohsina Zahir Naqvi. His birth name was Zameer Hasan. In the year of 1967, he shifted to Pakistan and permanently settled in Karachi. He studied at the Hussainabad School (matric) and Government Jubilee College, Lucknow, India (inter). Allama Zameer Akhtar Naqvi received his graduate degree at the “Shia College Lucknow”.
Akhtar is an author on more than 1000 books in several fields, involving literature, culture, religion, philosophy, logics, journalism, sociology, science, oratory, and language. His lectures are based on such as science, philosophy, history, and computer technology, and sometimes also include more diverse subject matter including flexibility, evaluation, future telling, contemporary issues, and current affairs.
Zameer Naqvi is the president of Mir Anees Academy and editor-in-chief of quarterly magazine Al-Qalam.
Allama Zameer Naqvi wrote more than 1000 books. He is Baqir Majlisi of this era. Some of his famous titles are following
- Urdu Marthiyah in Pakistan (1982) The history of Marsiya in Pakistan from 1947 to 1977 in which are unearthed some classical hand-written manuscripts of Marsiya and it’s writers history.
- Josh Malih-abadi’s Marthiyah (1980) A collection of Josh Malih-abadi’s Marthiyah with a full glossary.
- Urdu “Ghazal” about Karbala (1988) The travel of Urdu Ghazal (a form of Urdu poetry) from Iran to India; the meaning and interpretation of Ghazal; some ghazal’s about Karbala also included.
- The poets in the family of Mir Anis (1996) The life history of 22 family members of Mir Anis that were poets and their poetry.
- Miracles and Qur’an, a collection of lectures (1996) The ten complete lectures about the definition of miracles and the history of miracles.
- Urdu poetry in praise of Imam Ali (a.s) (1993) Religious literary and knowledgeable volume; Arabic, Persian, and Urdu examples of poetry by highly respectable poets in praise of Ali
- The life of Ja’fer-e-Tayyar (a) (1998) The first cousin of the Prophet of Islam, his life history, the first book of its kind, in any language the details of his dialogue with king of Ethiopia at that time, his complete speech in the court of King Negus of Ethiopia.
- Where Mir Anis has talked about colours in his poetry (1999) The poetry collection in which Mir Anis talked about colours, this book contains all the poetry of Anis regarding this subject.
- The valuable manuscripts of Urdu Marsia writing (2004)
- Study of Elegies of Mir Anees (2004)
- Hazrat Fatima Zehra(S.A.W) (2007)
- Greatness of Bibi Zainab(A.S) (2007)
- Princess Zainab And History of Syria (2008)
- Great Biography of Umme Kulsoom(A.S) (2011)
- Biography of Prince Qasim Ibne Imam Hassan(A.S) (part 2)
- Prince Qasim(A.S)’s Henna (2010)
- Prince Ali Asghar(A.S) (2010)
- Iran’s Princess Hazrat-e-Shehar Bano(A.S) (2010)
- The Victory of Imam Hassan(A.S) and The Defeat of Enemy of God (2008)
- Hazrat Ali’s Divine Sword Zulfiqar in the Light of Quran And Hadees (2010)
- Zuljinah (2008)
- Biography of Hazrat Jaffar-e-Taeyaar
- Poet of the Ages Mir Anees (2008)
- Grief of Imam Hussain(A.S) And Intercession of Azadar
- Garden of Nasikh (2011)
- Ali And Absolute Knowledge
- Hazrat Aqeel (A.S). The first cousin of Mohammad
- Martyr Scholars of the truth
- Artefacts of Marsiya Nigger (part 2)
- Artefacts of Marsiya Nigger (part 1)
- Ascension of Speech (part 1)
- Ascension of Speech (part 2)
- Ascension of Speech (part 3)
- Ascension of Speech (part 4)
- Ascension of Speech (part 5)
- Enhancer of Islam Bibi Khadija-tul-Kubbra(A.S)
- Emergence OF Imam-e-Mahdi
- Rulership OF Ali(A.S)
- Mir Anees As an Expert of Animals (2011)
- Scripture of Zameer (2007)
- Hazrat Ali in the Battle Field
- Greatness of Companion
- Greatness OF Abu Talib(A.S)
- Situations and the Actions of Syed Hussain Sharf-ud-Deen Shah Wilayat
Latest books of Zameer Naqvi
- History Or Shite (2011)
- The Great Work of Moula Ali(A.S) For Islam (2011)
- Greatness of Hazrat Abu Talib(A.S) (2011)
- Swearness of Quran (2011)
- Knowledge Is Life (2011)
- The End OF Killers of Imam Hussain(A.S) (2011)
Awards of Zameer Naqvi
- In 1980, on compilation of the book ‘Josh Malih-Abadi’s Marthiyah’, Mir Anees Award was awarded.
- In 1999, Commonwealth award, London by Anjuman-e-Farogh-e-Aza.